Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Back

Here is the truth. I suffered a severe depression after returning to the US. The good news is that I am now back to "better than normal" and I am ready to resume my exile blog.

Dominica has now faded into a painful memory. But my pain is not unique. I know few people who have not suffered in Dominica. Most run screaming as we did. A few survive. These most tenacious folks are much tougher than Mr. Wizard and I.

Of course, there are things I miss: the smells and sights of the island will always be with me, just as the lingering emotional pain haunts me. I won't forget the parrots in flight, the masses of tropical flowers, the rich scents of the island. And the intensily alive feelings (as well as the terrible pain)that is Dominica to me.

So here I am in the great compromise of America. It is so damned easy to be unconscious here, I have to smack myself and yell wake up! I am forever ambivalent.

livingdominicainexile: time to get ready for work

No comments: